Monday, March 06, 2006

*forgetting how desperately I should be learning music*


Today's Monday, so what does that mean? Well, first off, we I have two hours free in between Math and English, which is always entertaining, especially now that Aaron's back :P Secondly, we have hilarious English class, and thirdly, I have an organ lesson. So, in our free time, we heckled the hot female employee in the bank who knows us by sight now, walked in a bookstore, and went up to the top of the huge downtown parking garage, which is one of the best kept secrets in Ulm, I think. See picture. I almost hit a woman smoking on the sidewalk with a snowball from that height. We went back to English, we barely got there in time, as usual, and then the teacher handed out our tests from two weeks ago. The test consisted of questions about this young woman who came from Yugoslavia and worked illegally in Britain, and was taken advantage of by her employers. The whole time, Aaron and I were making bad jokes about how she had gone to Britain to prostitute herself for more money (we were slightly, um, giddy), and then the teacher said, out of nowhere, "you all can't write on the test, 'everyone has it in their mouth'! Don't write about your fantasies!!" Aaron and I laughed until we cried about that for about ten minutes. Apparently, the phrase that's equivalent to having a question 'on the tip of your tongue' in German is to have a question in your mouth. Hey, the teacher said it out loud, we didn't even need our little bad jokes, although it made it ten times more funny. So, anyways, then I went home, ate lunch, was ordered to accompany Moritz shopping, had my organ cram-session ruined, enjoyed myself thoroughly grocery shopping with Moritz (we talked shit about teachers the whole time), crammed for an hour in the church, and got through my lesson. Whew. Then, I bought meself the German Evangelical hymnal, which I need for organ lessons. Then, I went home, dinner was still being prepared, Moritz showed me this little wooden puzzle that you have to put together into an octagonal solid (what's the name for that...), he said that no one in the family had figured out how to put it together yet, so I put it together. Not like my host family is all that bright put together...oh well. Smarter than my last host family, can't complain. Then, at dinner, we got onto the familiar topic of how my host parents would have like to have had daughters, Johannes was like, but, you have a daughter, and then there was a fierce battle between him and Moritz to try and point at each other. Then my host dad was saying how girls are better, they always flush the toilet, and Moritz was like, they don't need to, they shit in the corners. That was one of those times when I kept trying to eat my bread and turned red from choking. Maybe that's a well-heard joke, but I had never heard it. Then there was general shit talking about girls and teachers. Ha, my host mom is an un-ashamed feminist. Then, my host mom told me that the organist from the church where I practice called and gave her the hymn numbers for Sunday, there are four and none of them are remotely short. Oh, shit. Why am I not panicking right now. I'm also gonna have rehearsals with the two trumpeters I'm accompanying, have one tomorrow. This is going to be interesting. Pray for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

pray for you? hick =p

6:17 AM  
Blogger Brent in Germany said...

tongue in cheek, captain oberschlau

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home