Tuesday, January 24, 2006

more quotes

They never stop coming. And I like it. And, wow, I'm conceited.

Brent: "Whoa, déja vous from two months ago..."
Aaron: "What?"
Brent (distracted voice): "Something about the Magic Flute..."

Brent: "You just got owned."
Aaron: "Which is bullshit."

Brent: "So, let's use our standard method of bottle-opening: you hold, I kick."

Complete-the-sentences-in-the-jokes exercises from English class (italicized verbs are answers):

1) Salesman (selling parrot to young boy): If you pull the string on his right leg he says 'Good morning', and if you pull the string on his left leg he says 'Good night'.
Boy: What happens if I pull both strings together?
Parrot: I'd fall off the perch, you idiot.

(i just liked that one because of the parrot saying 'you idiot'. yeah, I'm like, 11. well, it would be
lame otherwise...)

I guess that these were supposedly common jokes, but I hadn't heard them before...hmm.

4) 'If I stand on my head,' said the science teacher, 'all the blood flows to it. Why doesn't it
rush to my feet when I'm standing on them?'
'Because,' replied a student, 'they're not empty.'

Haha, other quotes from English:

Teacher (asking class): "What's a parrot?"
Male student (British accent): "Something like a Barbie?"

Student (reading grammar answer): "If Junior here forgotten his-"
Teacher (yelling): "ELECTRO SHOCK!"

Teacher (trying to get answers about Portugal from his class): "What should we do in
Portugal? Drink sherry?"

Brent: "Why is Nunt washing the chalkboard?"
Aaron: "She forgot we have another hour of English..."
Brent: "We'll just let her carry on, then..."

(yeah, I'm mean, haha)

Ok, so, in other news, I was really stressed out yesterday for my organ lesson because I had practiced a total of twice in the last week, and hadn't done much theory/harmony work that I was supposed to. So, I crammed in a hardcore practice session, and kneaded my brain on the harmony. Then, I got to my lesson, and my teacher was happy with what I had done in both organ literature and harmony/theory. *internallypurrs* But, I'm definitely doing more this week, cause I felt like shit for being a slacker, and I think I should meet my expectations, as long as they're higher than my teacher's.

Probably not more than three people have read my blog, which is a little discouraging, I'm not big into doing enormously purposeless things, but I like this because it's not a written journal, which I have always sucked at, and because if someone actually wanted to read it, they can. So, I'll continue, it's a bit of fun. I wonder if I could see how many hits I get, somehow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home