Sunday, January 22, 2006

host family sunday

We had some killer pork and fried potatoes and green beans for lunch, the pork tasted like it was fresh off the farm. Then, when I was washing dishes and cleaning up the kitchen with my host brothers, I slapped one of them in the back of the head with some soap suds, hehe. They started it. Then, we all went for a walk up around the top of the hills where there's still a buttload of snow, on the way down, we had a great view of Ulm with the mammoth Münster rising out of the city's center, and I forgot my camera again. We also passed by a playground on the way back, we went on the swings, it made ominous creaking noises when I was on it, hehe, then I launched my younger host brother off the seesaw. Then we played Tabu, only it's in German, so it was basically an intense lesson in obscure German vocabulary for me, with words for things like skin moles and marriage contract. Now, I have coffee and am supposed to be working on harmony exercises for my organ lesson tomorrow. That whole recount may seem boring to whoever reads this, but I'm just happy that things are so good with my host family. Younger host brothers are fun. So are kickass coffee machines. Hooray for sacrificing work for your family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home