Sunday, January 22, 2006

mmm, cornflakes

I'm going to rip more stuff like this off of my sister's blog, haha.

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Um, lots of things, some random ones are hiking in the Black Forest, beating up a drop-kicking Japanese kid, falling for a non-American girl and getting over her!

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Uh, I have't made resolutions for a long time, but I'll try it next year, maybe.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
no

4. Did anyone close to you die?
no


5. What countries did you visit?
well, I was in Heathrow airport briefly, if that counts as visiting a country, then Germany, of course. Go Germany.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
a girlfriend

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
yeah, I don't remember dates real well, but I know Sept. 6, when I got here, some day in the Black Forest, someday in October. because exchange has its ups and downs.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
going to Germany as an exchange student, all the other achievements fall under that.

9. What was your biggest failure?
well, best not to mention it, but a failure of judgment

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
what qualifies as illness? but not injury

11. What was the best thing you bought?
hmm, don't have a lot of money to spend, but I could be boring and say train tickets to the places I've visited already, or I could say my Oktoberfest t-shirt...wow, I haven't bought much stuff.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Ashley's! Still owe you...

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Hmm, sometimes my own, but also other exchangies...

14. Where did most of your money go?
peh, probably food, I'm a fatass, but actually, train tickets

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Europatour!! But does it have to be something that has already happened...then the Black Forest.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Haha, a few, but to be a girl, I'll say "You're the Only One" from Maria Mena

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier, for shizzle
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter...damn exchange, haha
iii. richer or poorer? poorer, but I'm in Germany!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Gotten out more, friggin' first host family

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Umm, speaking English

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Wow, I'm late with this, but I spent Christmas with my first host family here in Ulm, Germany

22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
yeah

23. How many one-night stands?
haha, none, I would like to stay in Germany, thank you

24. What was your favorite TV program?
In the states, Friends, in Germany, pimp my ride, hahaha

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
my old host sisters

26. What was the best book you read?
Hmm, the DaVinci Code was good, and the Life of Pi, word, Vera, and I like my Harry Potter in German.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Jack Johnson, and some German pipe organs

28. What did you want and get?
Exchange to Germany, spot on the Europatour, but not the east tour, dammit! Suck it, Rotex 1800.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Ooh, that's hard. Seen some good German romantic comedies, and I saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith in German. Worst one was the Transporter.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Not much, had to go to friggin school, I was sixteen.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I had gotten along with my first host family.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Practical, not smelly, haha

34. What kept you sane?
Music

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmm, dunno, stayed away from fancying celebrities, I guess, waste of time

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
War in Iraq, gay marriage

37. Who did you miss?
An Australian

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Everybody in District 1930!!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
Your best friend is yourself

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"days go by, I can feel them flying like a hand out the window in the wind," "Days Go By," Keith Urban

Now I need to do some actual work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home